Fiber Shell / Rubber Bearing
Brand : HFL
Unlike paper reinforced phenolic shells fibre reinforced rubber shells are unique because
- Like bras shell bearings they are tough but elastic.
- They get compressed into the tube but expands to circular shape and firmly grips inside
- Preventing rotation
- They are resistant to swelling in sea water
- They are hard but not brittle.
- They do no break, bend or get dented when hammered or dropped.
- 60% Lighter than brass bearings in weight.
- Easy to extract and replace.
- Machineable like brass.
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion.
- Service life equal to brass bearing
- Economical in comparison with brass shell bearing.
- Matches brass shell bearings in all other features